Qualified Plan Administration
Aljen Asset Management, LLC supports small to mid-sized companies with customized turnkey retirement solutions. As a full service benefits administration and Registered Investment Advisory (RIA) firm, the sole objective of our business is to help you run an efficient and successful retirement program that attracts and retains key talent.
We help identify the plan that best fits your business objectives and make recommendations on how to take advantage of the changing retirement plan market. Your retirement plan should provide flexibility and offer control to you the plan sponsor and we help streamline plan administration and manage risk.
Aljen’s unique ability to provide administrative reporting support and responsible investment advice allows plan sponsors to coordinate their retirement program under a single service provider for plan optimization.
- Cost Effective
- Custom Designed Prototype Documents
- Fee Based
- Open Architecture Investment Alternatives
- No Load Mutual Funds
- Participant Flexibility
Aljen uses our own prototype retirement plans approved by the Internal Revenue Service. Whether you are installing a new plan or reviewing your current one, Aljen can offer your company a complete retirement plan package custom designed to best fit your employee benefits plan’s needs.
- 401(k) Plans
- Safe Harbor 401(k) Plans
- Individual 401(k)
- Profit-Sharing Plans
- SIMPLE IRAs
- SEP IRAs
- Individual Defined Benefit Plan
The Installation Process
- Initial Consultation
- For existing plans, Aljen reviews the plan for suitability, manage costs, compliance and ease of administration.
- For new plans, Aljen works with plan trustees to optimize and understand plan design and fiduciary responsibilities.
- Formulation of detailed plan specifications with the preparation of plan and trust documentation.
- Preparation of summary plan descriptions (SPD)
- Obtain Trust Identification Number
Annual Trust Documents are created containing your plan’s employee information, which includes reports containing census, loan and distribution information.
- Payroll contribution coordination
- Monitors the transfer process of prior retirement plan accounts
- Employee loan administration
- Terminated employee distribution
- Annual participant statements
- Signature-ready IRS Form 5500
- Plan termination services
Aljen performs all required compliance testing for qualified plans.
- Average Deferral Percentage Test (ADP)
- Top-Heavy Evaluation
- Coverage Tests
Aljen is in constant contact with trustees and administrators to monitor any changes that need to be made as your retirement plan grows.
- Our experienced staff goes the extra mile to make sure that your Human Resource Personnel are up to date with daily administration issues, find solutions and help streamline any changes.
- Annual Plan Reviews
We construct investment menus that are tailored for your company’s employees’ investment risk tolerances.
- Individual participant-driven accounts
- Open Architecture Investment Options
- Equity and Fixed Income Investment Options Available
- No-Load Mutual Funds
- Fee Based
- ERISA Section 404(c) Compliance
- Transparent Fees and Expenses
We prefer to meet clients face to face to evaluate their retirement goals and objectives, however, our support staff is always available to every participant and can easily be reached via phone or email.
- Annual Employee Communication Meetings are held on site to review portfolio performance and allocations.
- Provide participants with valuable guidance designed to educate participants and encourage them to invest appropriately for their goals.
- Personalized targeted communications to help employees develop confidence in their decisions and focus their retirement goals.
- Access to Online Account Information